Thursday 18 August 2011

Demo Review

THAWED OUT – DEMO
August 18, 2011

Eat A Book Records

Coming out this weekend on brum’s own Eat A Book Rekkids, this tape of disgusting (in a good way) downtuned/down right crusty hardcore kicks it in all the right ways and gets me stoked that there is at least one band in the country who are doing something other than the intro/riff/slow down/breakdown/gang vocals hardcore sheeit. This Birmingham based band featuring members of No Reality amongst others have been going for such a short space of time that a demo with as many interesting points as this is something they should be stoked on, as should you. The 5 tracks presented here ride on a total Sex Vid/Mind Eraser (don’t know if this is where the name of the band comes from?) tip which I know a lot of people will be in to – the guitars are over driven to hell, the vocals near inaudible and definitely indistinguishable through the mix (not a bad thing), with a tight rhythm section pulling everything together. Guitar solos galore are also a big selling point for me on this demo, as I mentioned when I saw them live with Poison Planet last month. Tracks 3 and 4 are where the band really excels; unfortunately I don’t have names/lyrics or any more information than that, so you’ll have to take my word for it and pick up a tape from Chaz at Eat A Book. This is one of the cooler demos I’ve had sent my way in recent months and I would urge you to get in to this band, things can only get better/weirder!

Download: The whole demo!
FFO: Sex Vid, Mind Eraser, Cult Ritual, most things on Katorga

No comments:

Post a Comment